Thursday, July 31, 2014

A Glance at the Past , A Gaze at the Present , A Glimpse at the Future - my mini warderobe 2014 entry

All breaks down into five pieces :

1. Butterick 5747 - Green Polka Dots Dress
blog post here - a beautiful green jacquard dress comfortable and feminine

2. Frankenpattern - Navy polka dots Dress
blog post here I was looking for this navy polka dots fabric for a long time and when I finally found it I had to sew it right away and could not wait just as long for the perfect pattern. So I used patterns already cut and on my sewing table: BurdaStyle Magazine 06-2014-111 - split sleeve blouse + full circle skirt + U shape pockets from the same pattern as the apron just different views.

3. Vogue 2787 - Elegant black velvet dress
blog post here - I have been looking at the pattern for this dress ever since I first seen envelop patterns. It seemed so out of my league but still I could not help it, I just had to stop and admire it every time. After reading some wonderful reviews for it and many saying it was not hard at all to do it I gathered my courage and bought the pattern. It took me a while longer to actually cut the pattern and start sew it but I am so happy that I did.

4. Simplicity 3544 - reversible 50's apron
blog post here This was the most difficult piece for me - working with 2 layers of fabric and trying to sew both at once so the overlapping would be good took a lot of time and effort. I think I never did so much pinning.

5. Vogue 8232 - simple white summer jacket
blog post here - this was an easy project to get some more closure to my wardrobe. It was easy to sew and it is easy to wear in the summer, but it was hard for me to stick to the plain white fabric. I can't wait to do this pattern again in a more fun print fabric.






No comments:

Post a Comment