Monday, July 31, 2017
Friday, July 28, 2017
Then when I wanted to finally attach my front facing supersize the facings was 5 cm shorter .. That's how much my neck line modified with pressing and piping !!! Rip everything !!! Panic !!! Rip some more. Hand sew to gather the neckline back in place and finally save the neckline.
Then rip the princess seams and gather it a bit too but unfortunately not enough... It wasn't until the top was almost finished that I realized the side seam was still longer then it should have been so it was not straight but winding. At this point it would have been easier to make a new top then rip that seam again.... But I liked my top and I didn't want to just give up just yet. So I ripped my shoulder seam and wandered if I can save something there. Then I had this bright idea to pull the cord inside piping until my seam was finally in place. That fixed almost everything except the wrinkles there are now on the fabric that covered the cord...
And then a newer pattern - Butterick 6426 - that I think I got at the end of last year thinking to make the cardigan and change a bit from all my McCall's. I will probably need some cold weather in the fall to do that but I thought I will test the top pattern first:
Wednesday, July 26, 2017
I thought That a top would get more wear then a dress so I decided to make it short. Picked some colorful fabric I was not very found of just in case it doesn't work and while unwrapping and cutting my pattern I realized how easy and nice the pants pattern is and how cool it would look if i can squeeze them in my 1 m of diagonal trench terry I was considering for contrast.
I would not have been able to do that If I haven't shortened my pants pattern before cut but that was really good because if I would have let the shortening for when they were finished I would have lost a lot of flare so If you have to shorten the pants do it at the indicated line not at the hem.
I've spent a lot of time trying to place each pattern piece on my fabric to get the best of prints and even like this I don't like how I cut some of them. Those flowers in the back not the most fortunate.
When it was all finished I thought I look like a clown but it's growing on me. I got to wear it today and the sleeve flounce is not as uncomfortable as I thought it might be and all this color start feel less weird.
Shortening the top for quite a few cm and hemming it improved the look a lot.