I got confident with the pattern and while organizing some of my fabrics I got my hands on this pieces of navy and white stripes and polka dots that I bought thinking of some summer dresses for Eva. I only had 1 meter each so it would not be enough for me for a contrast version of the dress... I really wanted to play with those stripes and loved the coordination between my pieces so I decided to create a skirt + top look of this dress.
I cut a collar from the polka dots piece but it looked to busy so I decided to finish it without a collar. I almost leaved it sleeveless but I like to have a bit of a sleeve. I tried contrast sleeves and it looked bad. My stripes at the armhole were in 3 different directions so impossible to mach them all. all I could o in the end was some sort of faulty V in the front - not that bad considering my other options.
I didn't have enough polka dots fabric for the full skirt so the last part of the under lap is a different fabric same shades - just the dots a different size so it might not look so terrible if a sudden breeze come over.
I am really proud I finished my inside a little nicer this time. I followed the instructions and sewn the back seam on the collar just the upper layer and then pin the other layer with my fabric turned so all the seams trapped inside it and then had sewn the front under collar to the previous seam. I also turned the edges of my front band facings before securing them down. looks a lot nicer then leaved them just serged there.
I looked so many times at those skinny girls that can wear their shirt tucked in a skirt or pants. I like the look but if I do that I look 2 sized up and I hate it. This is the closes I can get to that. The ties a bit above the waist and the lack of extra bulk from this being just 1 garment not 2 helps.