Friday, August 9, 2019

StyleArc Harmony to + cigarette pants

This summer I ripped one pair of RTW pants and made a new one using the old as pattern. I was quite pleased with the result and determined to do more. So I have made 2 more pairs. I kept thinking what top would be best with this pants and had a few favorites in past patterns but in the end decided to try a new one - Style arc harmony top:

The first version I did as actual pattern. It was not bad but the neckline is a bit too high and the dart also should hit a bit lower for me. The pants are in a stretchy fabric this time so I took them in a bit in the upper part and used silk for pockets lining. It was a real pain to work with it but feel like it worth it every time I put my hand in the pocket and get a nice feeling there.
I was very happy I managed to finish this combo in time to submit it for Pattern Review Match Your Shoes Contest. I only managed to get phone photos on the last day of the contest with my son behind camera as I was on a family trip that week but I was happy I finally managed to submit something and felt a bit like my old self.
The pockets are along the entire waistline in the front and I think I like them very much like this. More stable , less gapping. I used french seam for them and added pocket facings after. 
The second pair of pants done in a vivid neon salmon color with waffle texture is a bit larger as the fabric was more stiff and no stretch. They feel quite great. The top is a floral cotton batiste. Very very light fabric. Maybe a bit too light for this top. I did it very slightly larger and fixed the neckline and the dart. The neckline and the ruffles on the sleeves are finished with self bias fabric. Love this finishing. Both tops are longer then the pattern.
And some small eye candies in the end. My daughter sow some hair bands with bows in the store she really liked but the fabric from with they were made was really crappy so I promised her I will make some better myself.  For two weeks she kept asking when will I make her bows so here they are. Really cute. I have so many fabrics I should make more.
The pink pants fabric is from this summer. I only did one "fabric shopping trip" and bought 5 or 6 fabric and happy to say that 3 of them are already sewn. The other 3 fabrics ( the blues ) are from last summer crop. Feels like my stash is going just a little bit down but I still have so many fabric ... I need to find some way to donate some and be a bit more picky when I buy!

2 comments:

  1. Love the outfits. I have wondered about making this top so appreciate seeing it in some different fabrics. The hair bows are lovely, as is your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Good luck with your Harmony top! Is a great pattern!

      Delete