Saturday, July 11, 2015

My first Jalie - Eleonore pull on jeans

jalie 3461
I don't really believe in love at 1st sight but this pattern was it. From the moment I saw it I knew I wanted. I have a RTW with exact same construction and it has been very comfortable to wear specially with my waist size varying a lot because of my pregnancy.  They are also a lot more easy to sew and fit like this and they don't really look like pull ons right... This is my 1st Jalie pattern to try:
I must admit I was really impressed with the tips from the instructions and the little details. They really matter and make a difference. I sure want to try another of their pattern after this one. The pants were really fast to assemble so I took some time to embroider the back and pockets with some abstract motifs. Maybe not the best choice in designs but sine this was a test pair I didn't want to think to much on that.
 The fabric is also a very cheap coupon because it had some stain that  actually washed out but I could easily avoid as well since it was close to the edge. Not sure what the fabric really is the texture is not very common to me but it has a nice touch on both inside and outside and a good weight and the most important the required 20% stretch.
 Now I can't wait to make more in all the stretch denim fabrics I can get my hands on but that will probably be more for the fall.

 

2 comments:

  1. Foarte bine ti-au iesit, la prima incercare. Eu nu am avut curaj sa-mi fac ceva nou dupa nastere, cat inca corpul e in transformare. Esti o mamica foarte harnica si e bine sa nu-ti iesi din mana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pantalonii astea au talia pe elastic ca altfel nu ma bagam nici eu la pantaloni asa curand.

      Delete