Friday, May 1, 2015

First new baby items - a small serie of Sew Much Ado footed baby pants

Footed Baby Pants
The new baby should be here soon so I finally decided to start sew a little for her. I remember from the boy that footed pants were my favorite to use. It is a pain to try and keep socks on such little humans and with this you don't have to coordinate with the socks as well. I also remembered seeing some free pattern for it and it was not hard to find it again here. It is a simple pdf pattern and it is free for personal use:
   The only shame is that it comes in just one size. There are also some nice illustrated instructions provided and this time I actually used them since it wasn't 100% clear to me how and where to start even with all the matching markings on the pattern. The pinning goes a little crazy to the end but it was not as bad as I first expected working with such small pieces:
   I think I got a little carried away with all this prints ... but having a boy before I had to hold off on that a lot so... I deserved a little going crazy.
   Anyway I really love the results and hope they will be modeled soon.
   I am very proud of my print maching on the chevron piece. Also on this ones and the owls print I skipped the side seam ( put front and back together and cut as one piece).
footed baby pants
   Matching owls on foot top:
footed baby pants
   Checks:
footed baby pants
    Flower power - this was the test drive. I still have tons of this fabric left:
footed baby pants
   I have a similar solid green RTW but I think mine look less boxy and more comfortable.
    I even like mine better on the inside:
    I highly recommend this pattern for new babies.
    And they go really well with the matching wraparound bodysuits :

4 comments:

  1. I would love to include this on my baby hamper in Singapore. I'm so sure that the mother will really appreciate it for their baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This ware my favorite pants for the 1st month!

      Delete
  2. If you are looking for cute baby girl dresses Singapore then visit Little Kooma. The store offers wide range of stylish clothes for your baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a really nice piece of information, I am very much fond of sewing and always see more opportunities to find something good and awesome. And I found something nice here.

    ReplyDelete