Friday, July 31, 2015

Take 1 - Gaucho Pants 05/2014 #120 in Floral Print

Gaucho Pants 05/2014 #121
I wanted some very simple summer pants that would be easy to make and easy to fit ( actually loose) to do in printed light fabrics. After going through my Burda Magazines stash I traced this  gaucho pants from the may issue from last year design #120.
I traced 42 based on the waistband measurements and they were huge. Very wide front compared to the back ( about 50%). The front pleat looked terrible and I could have pulled them on. So I did a face fly . Did gatherings instead of pleat and added elastic to the waistband.
They may not be that great but they are extremely comfortable, I can breath in them and they are very pleasent if there is a little bit of wind. And I don't need to worry about my moves in them.

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

2nd Jalie pull-on jeans and 2 burda tops

   I was very pleased with my first Jalie Eleonore pull-on jeans and I knew right then that will be more. This is the 2nd pair from a nice stretch denim - the same I sewed for my son's outfit  a little while ago. I absolutly love them. The color and length are perfect for the summer. I even got the wiskers a bit under control by adding about 1 inch length to the crotch. I love this Jalie pattern and I really need to try more.
   The top is from an older Burda issue 6/2011 design #101:

For the pants I used this video o alter the crotch:- I added around 1.5 cm to both front and back and it seams to be an improvement.

This pair may not be perfect either but I feel it is an improvement. It was very easy to sew and the most important is very comfortable.

Jalie 3461
I used again embroidery on the back pockets. This time Some redwork designs sewing related:
And I already wore them a few times. And I wanted a top to go with it. I have just done Burda 06/2011 #101 on navy rayon. I really loved the fabric and the design but it was to tight.

So I decided to sew another 2 sizes up in printed veil. It was very hard for me to work with this fabric and it ended up quite awkard at the hem so I sewed elastic in the waistband. The neck line was also pulling a little funny so I assed some dart to the middle ans sewed some flower over it to hide it. But even with all its issues the top looks good on me and with the pants so I loved wearing it with a fast tube knit top under it.

It was really nice how all 3 of us ended up here with matching outfits all sewed by me:

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Polka dots romper - Ottobre start-star romper

I really loved the hello kitty romper so I decided to sew another. They re very practical for the summer and very easy to do. Like I said the other time I am not very found of the back seam so I changed the pattern to move it over the diaper. I also skipped pockets this time. The only regret I have is that this one tuned a bit to high on the neck. That was not intentional.

Monday, July 27, 2015

My Short Sleeve Jackets with Plunging Neckline - Burda 04/2015 #107

This "jacket" got my attention in the Burda a while ago and I wanted to try it. Now I don't know why since I already know peplum looks terrible on me but this didn't looked like peplum to me until it was ready.
I really liked the fact that is a very easy pattern. The 2 dots seems a little to much to me. The only tricky part was to clip all that curved seam allowances so I can iron it properly. And maybe the attachment of the skirt is not that easy also.
Note that this pattern has tons of ease. I traced the smallest size and it is still loose on me.
I even did a muslin from the gray fabric and then realized I didn't had enough to cut the lower band as well but I really liked it like that. It makes a really cute short top and I actually wear it.

 I wanted to try plaids for the "official version" and I thought cutting skirt on bias would be fun. And it was. It looks good on the dress form and on someone taller and with a better defined waist but on me is just terrible so I gave it away.