Thursday, July 9, 2015

Nautical themed matching outfits for me and my son

   I really liked the recent sleeveless elephants hoodie I did for my son so I decided to do one more. I had still soft lightweight stripes knit and I paired it with a nice regal blue knit. They both are recent purchases.  My knit stash increased a lot lately and there are some more that I have my eyes on them but we will see. At least I sewed a lot as well. I didn't want to have any more left overs so I decided to cut until both fabrics are gone. I had this pants pattern traced for my son a few weeks ago when i decided to do a summer wardrobe for him as well but I didn't had a chance to sew it since the other 2 that I tried 1st were such a success. O I decided it to test it now. And since I still had some fabric left I pulled my old TNT top pattern - Vogue 8649. This top is not very flattering on me since my pregnancy belly is not all gone but I felt very comfortable in my flower power tee and the fall leaves top that I decided to sew it again.
    So for my son I used Ottobre 3/2015 #20 - Hello Shark sleeveless hoodie  and 3/2010 #17:

   And for me good old Vogue 8649:
This shirt ended up larger then the previous one- quite different knits and I added a pocket that I unfortunately placed it to low. For the pants I added about 1 inch length and cuffs and ended up quite a different look. I also didn't do patch pockets in the back but faux welt pockets.



For my top I skipped the back seam, did small pleats instead of gatherings, cut front on bias, did contrast bias finishing on sleeve as well, took it a bit on the sides.
vogue 8649

 I love coordinating with my son:
 




No comments:

Post a Comment