Thursday, October 31, 2019

Sleeping Beauty for Halloween - an etsy pattern for little princesses



Happy Halloween! It looks like it is one of those times when a mom really can get it all together really fast. Eva told me last summer that she wanted to be Aurora for Halloween this year. And even if that made me do some research and get a pattern for it... the dress didn't happened mostly because no fabric seemed right enough for what I had in mind and  some details I didn't had sorted....Last 2 months also been quite busy and have been out of town and various other events so I just thought that she could just wear a nice white princess dress she got for a wedding last week. But talking to her last night to sort the outfit she seemed really disappointed in the dress and was so confident that mom can just make her a dress over night that I decided to try... "Don't worry mom! You can make it!"
   I used Playground to Palace Dress I have bought from etsy. I had the pattern printed but not taped or cut. So I had to start really low. Lucky that pattern is fairly easy and really nice explained.

Ar first I thought I would make her a blue dress from some nice lace I had but the fabric seemed a bit to heavy for the long gathered skirt I had in mind so at the last minute switched to a dusty pink combo of fancy knits I had.  I think It was a really good choice as the fabric was so much easier to work with and I think is looks very cute and delicate on Eva. I remembered I had some white lace accessories and used one for necklace. It might be a bit too big for her small figure but I think it adds a really nice touch to the dress. I also used a nice pink lace ribbon for the hem.
   As it is not summer any longer I added some sleeves to the dress with tight long cuffs so it will not bother her during the day.
  I cannot believe I did it in time. But I am really glad I try it. I love it. Is so sweet and delicate and so much better in my opinion then the satin ones available to buy. Even more happy to see Eva face light up in the morning when I gave her the dress...
I hope she will have a nice day today wearing it to kindergarten for the Halloween party! here is a picture with the other princess:

1 comment:

  1. You're the best mum! Looks like quality sewing for an one-night project.

    ReplyDelete