Monday, July 7, 2014

Split Sleeve Blouse 07/2014 #111 - my wearable muslin

burda 7 2014 111
I seen this very easy top in the latest Burda Style Magazine and I just had to try it. This is not something I usually wear so I thought I better use some left over fabric rather then cut nice one just to see if it works for me. I got to wear it to the beach in the weekend and is very comfortable. I am still not sure if the style fits me but I think I will do another one in a better fabric.

Here is the Burda model for it:

The top seemed to have a lot of ease so I just cut the smallest size available. The only change I've done is to add elastic to the lower hem since I didn't like how was looking on me without.


This fabric is left from the very 1st item I ever sew. A dress without any pattern , any notion of grain line just looking at a dress I already had... It was way to showing  so I added the ruffles to get more cover. I can only find this old picture with it:
It was bad in many ways but I still wore it a bit just to prove I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment