Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Reversible retro apron - Simplicity 3544

Simplicity 3544
I love looking at nice aprons. And this vintage inspired ones are crazy ... more work then an actual dress. I bought this Simplicity 3544 pattern thinking that this is one of the cutest collection of aprons.
I could not decide what fabric to use and how to do to be nicely finished so I just decided to do a reversible one... That may have not been the best decision.... This apron is a lot of work but a reversible one is insane.... I have never done so much pinning trying to keep both layers even. I decided to sew both layers at once so they will really stick together. The fabric o the green side was a lot softer then the white one so I needed support for this side.

I did the bias myself and it as a lot of bias involved. I changed the belt for it a little bit to help myself get a clean closure.Work, work, work and lots of hours later it was all worth it. I just love my apron. Is one of those thongs that make you feel better right away if you wear it. I may just keep it to cheer me up.
Simplicity 3544
Simplicity 3544
Simplicity 3544
Simplicity 3544
And a few pictures wearing the apron:







No comments:

Post a Comment