After waiting this long for this dress I didn't want to wait just as long to find a perfect pattern so I got working right away with the patterns I already had cut on my table from recent projects and it went smoothly. Here are the puzzle pieces :
- BurdaStyle 07-2014-111 top
- simple circle skirt
- pockets from Simplicity 3544 retro aprons view C/D ( I just did view A - only needs buttons and photos )
The top is size 34 with almost no alterations. I may add the sleeve band to close the sleeve that I did for the top to the dress as well and I didn't do the split in the back.
For the skirt I did a full circle as big as the fabric with ( 1,4m ) allowed and the did another circle for the waist so I will have the desired length for it. The waist opening was almost twice of what I need ed but I wanted to gather it to have more volume. Not sure if such a big and gathered circle was the best decision for the print but I just love my dress to much to have any second thoughts ...
The waist is white as the bias binding and the underskirt and it has a medium width elastic band.
The pocket are from the retro apron : 2 layers of fabric and no interfacing since I wasn't going to attach them on the grain of the skirt fabric and I needed them to have some flow as well. I just love having big pockets.