Te pattern is Butterick 5747- view A :
But I wanted the dress so I decided to take baby steps and do one thing at a time instead of trying to figure it all out from the beginning. The pattern has the final garment measurements for each size for bust, waist and hip and that helped deciding what to trace. I just couldn't bear to do a muslin first and I have a lot of this fabric so I was ready to sacrifice it. I traced 12 for most of the pieces going to 10 at the bust line and 14 at the waist. It was not a bad call but if I ever sew it again I will add a even more ease at the waist - it is still a bit to tight.
It took me a whole evening just to trace the pattern and then another one just to cut the fabric. I was expecting this project to last for a long time already. But the sewing was so much easier then I expected ... I didn't even notice the time passing and the dress was almost ready. The only part that is still a little cloudy for me is the skirt closing and interfacing in the front but it turned out OK. It took some time to get the buttonholes and the hem done but now is ready and I already had taken it out in the weekend.
It feels so great to be in such a dress ( even with the little mistakes I put in it : it has a small defect because I cut a buttonhole in the wrong place - lucky is not very noticeable with the busy print ; is gaping a little at the waist line because is a bit to tight - I should wear it with a belt ).
All in all I am very happy with my 1st retro dress and with this pattern.