Friday, July 6, 2018

stripes and flower print


I was so delighted with finding this floral stripeish fabric ... Love the navy and red colors too... And then of course the totally predictable Butterick 6492 top... this time with a twist - I think this might be the 1st time I actually used all the blocks as there were in the envelope - except maybe using the facings.
The fabric is lighter than the other versions and is very comfortable to wear in the summer. 
The fabric pattern repeat was about one meter and I had 2 to play with so it was not easy to fit all pieces in the way I wanted to and also my cutting was quite inefficient for not wasting  fabric  but I am quite proud I was able to squeeze in a fast Lekala 4511 from the scraps:
Not the pattern placement of my choice but I thought it might look interesting in this total chaos placement:
Sewing 104 - Shopping 77.

2 comments:

  1. I love both your tops but am trying to picture the fabric print/layout before it was cut. I love all your reviews, your sewing is exquisite!

    ReplyDelete