Monday, April 20, 2015

Fun bat wings tops - Vogue 8771

Vogue 8771
   I am a big fun of bat wings tops. Most of them are easy to sew and easy to wear. At least for me. I have this Vogue pattern for a while and always wanted to try it. So now was the time for it.
   I went with size M for a more lose fit so I can get my big belly into it and maybe use them after as well. I ended up doing 3 of this in different lengths starting from view A. After the 1st one I found that the sleeve was very comfortable like this and didn't wanted to try cuffs. The pattern is very simple : just 3 pieces:
   To all this I only added neck binding. I find it looks better with it and also had some concerns after reading some previous reviews mentioned issued with a very wide or gaping neckline.
   Is not the most very faltering top for my current shape but I feel good in them and I love the colors and prints. I do hope I will be able to use them after I deliver.
   The 1st one:
Vogue 8771
   The 2nd one:
Vogue 8771
   The 3rd one:
Vogue 8771
Vogue 8771
I will probably sew more of this in a smaller size in the fall.
My tops look quite decent with a skirt as well:

2 comments:

  1. Materialele pe care le folosesti imi plac, iar tiparele sunt super. Ai facut ceva modificari? Se potrivesc? Mie nu mi-a cazut nici un tipar vogue in mana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pe tiparele astea separate la fiecare linie importanta ( bust, talie, sold ) iti scrie la fiecare masura si dimensiunea produsului finit. Asta de ajuta foarte mult sa hotarasti ce marime sa coti in zona aia. Singutra chestie care poate sa te mai pacaleasca e materialulul. Unele se mai lasa si iti iese mai mare decat credeai. Dar in general nu prea am avut probleme cu alegerea marimii in cazul in care iti da dimensiunile finale ( exista si tabel de masuri dar ala e nu e asa bun - eu cel putin nu il folosesc )

      Delete