Friday, February 16, 2018

Pink, purple and rainbow together... to much?

The red Autumn Flower Blazer is one of my favorite items I made for Eva and she were it to shreds with the sleeves ending 3/4 and the front button bursting open... It was a big hit. And the pink coat with navy piping I made later that year was again worn over and over again. So I keep meaning to trace a new size from the pattern an I finally did it - Ottobre 4/2013#18:
This time I used 104 witch is a bit to big on Eva right now but I figured we could use some room to grow into...
For the pants I wanted something with pleats in the front and decided to try a new pattern - Ottobre 1/2016 #16:
Is still match your shoes contest time and I picked some purple sneakers to use for Eva's entry and a purple girly fabric with the shoes shade to complete the outfit. I used a new size id one pattern I really loved making for Andrei a long time ago when he was even smaller then Eva is now for a Halloween top that is still in great shape and was worn a lot - Ottobre 6/2010 #15:
So now does the hot pink, dark putple and rainbow stripes actually work together ....
The weird thing is that I could not help myself use some rainbow stripes for top sleeves and binding and made leggings to in the striped fabric.I wanted to use the simple design from Ottobre 1/2016 #15, Slimleg leggings,  but the pattern doesn't exist on the page they listed. I was really annoyed until I realized the #30 is the same pattern if I don't do the scallop thing. It is the 1st big mistake I ever caught in Ottobre magazines:
I think the leggings work great with the top:
I started working on a wedding dress today for my sister in law. I have no idea if it will become a real thing but I am exited about it. And hunting for supplies for the dress I discovered a beautiful green stretch denim I could not resist so Sewing 25 - Shopping 30.

4 comments:

  1. Is not to much...!It's beautiful! You are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing little girl! She's so lucky to have a mother making such lovely outfits for her ♥

    ReplyDelete