Thursday, February 8, 2018

Big stripes for kids as well and 5th Butterick 6492

Butterick 6492 was all I wanted to wear lately and the big stripes was big step in getting the back have some interest as well. The big stripes fabric was really fun to work with so I used the remaining pieces for the kids and used some superhero embroidery appliques:
Butterick 6492

And another version of the Butterick 6492 that was supposed to be for my mom with the same modifications to the back and sides as the big stripes one. It turned out the sleeves were a bit to fitted for my mom so one more fore me. The drape, weight and feel is just perfect in this jersey so I am quite happy with it:
Butterick 6492
Butterick 6492
Butterick 6492
Butterick 6492

I just can't stop twirl:
At the end of January was my father in law birthday so this year I finally tried to make something from him as well since I found out he felt a bit left out. I used Kwik Sew 3299:
in a very nice weather knit with fleece on the inside. The fabric was not easy to handle as it was rather thick but I think it turned out nice. with a few adjustments on the shoulders I might be able to make him a few tees this summer.
I have a lot of plans in the near feature so I keep buying new fabrics. This year score is Sewing 18 - Shopping 14 so far.

2 comments: