Wednesday, March 7, 2018

7th Butterick 6492 for my sister

I think I already said this quite a few times but I just have to say it again - I love Butterick 6492 - so much that I had to convince everyone in my life that they need one piece.
With my sister birthday coming up it was the perfect opportunity to make one for her. I let her have a pick for fabric in my stash and she choose  a red wool knit with amazing drape. I love the silhouette on her so much:
I used the exact same alterations to the pattern back and sides as for the big stripes version only that this time the fabric was lighter and more stable and the result was great.
   I was tempted to add a collar this time but my sister preferred simple so no collar:
To add to my joy she were it on her birthday so she must have loved it just as much as I did. Making things for people you love can be so rewarding.
 Still no shopping so Sewing 41 - Shopping 30.

No comments:

Post a Comment