Thursday, August 6, 2015

New skort pattern and the 1st Kwik Sew pattern for me

Since I have seen the shorts with crossover in Burda last summer I have been in love with them. My stripes attempt was not that bad but they were very short and tight so I only wore them to the beach.
 My second attempt to make them more city wear was not that bright either ( I should have enlarged the wrap panels as well):
 So I kept wanting a better version of a skort. So when I seen the Simplicity pattern I knew I have to try it as well:
I went from start with 4cm length added since some of the previous versions I seen on the web did seem short. But this time I did the length increase on the skirt panels as well so I kept the look. I have used a beautiful 10% stretch denim that I initially wanted for another pair of cropped Eleonore jeans but the stretch was not enough. And now that I sewed this instead I am happy I did not try it anyway because I did use some Eleonore jeans elements to my shorts: the back pockets and a larger version of the waistband and they still slip a little difficult unlike the blue pair that had the required stretch even if I used more fabric to this waistband and I tensed the elastic a tittle bit to still fit me OK:
Over all I am very pleased with this pair except that the leg is a bit to wide but I plan to sew them again and try fix that issue as well. We will see how that goes:
I wanted a top to match better my new skirt and I tried for the 1st time a Kwik Sew pattern - 3616

It is a nice and very easy pattern. I really liked their tissue paper and the instructions but my fabric stretched a bit at the neck line and my attempt to fix the gap messed a bit with my pattern matching in the front and that really bugs me but still is a soft and comfortable top to wear and the colors go just perfectly with the shorts denim:

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

The 2015 burda summer outfit with take 2 - Gaucho Pants 05/2014 #120 and the trapezoid top 07/2014#111

  After the Burda Gaucho pants no 1 it rained with this. I didn't love them as much but they were so easy to make and even more comfortable to wear that I did 2 pairs for each me, my mom and my mother is law.
   The starting point for all 3 of us was the same huge size 42 Burda 05/2014 #120. I only played with the leg flare and the length even if my husband's mom and me are quite a few sizes apart.
   The second to come were the red ones for my mother in law. I left the crotch the same and only added a bit extra to the sides and length since she is much taller then me. They are not that great but I liked them and went just perfectly with all 3 tops I bought for her birthday this summer. She really wanted some of this so she seamed very pleased with my gift. Is very hard for me to find something to sew for her since she had a very different body then mine but whenever I manage to do something she wears it around me and not only and she brags with me even if my items have small defects. I love her for that.
 The next one is still hers. A long version less wide and with the side seam and pockets skipped:
I absolutely loved this navy printed rayon and that made that all 3 of us got a pair in this fabric and I even made a top out of it - one of my favorite burda patterns - the trapezoid top 07/2014#111
I had 4 more of this top made before: the muslinthe topthe dress and the maternity knokoff.
So here is the version for me:
 For my mom I did 2 short versions. She 1st wanted to go with a busy floral print but I turned fer attention to polka dots to the last minute and I am so glad I did. I love how this print works with this pattern. Here is her pants:

Sunday, August 2, 2015

A little color to my home

A little while ago before Eva come home we had to take the crib from Andrei and prepare it for her. So we got him a new bad from Ikea. To make it more attractive I made him some really fun bedsheets as well.
He used to have some fun ones for the crib as well:
The bed is extendable. Now it is set to 1.3 m but can go up to 2m and the mattress had 3 parts as well: one to the current size and 2 small ones that can be added later:
 Since we don't use them for now I made him a small couch out of it:
They all had such a huge success that I wanted to make him another broadsheet so when I stumbled upon this aphabet fabric I bought it right away:
 Here is the new set :
The bed-sheet has an elastic hem to make sure it stays put:
 It was so fun watching him enjoy it that I wanted one for my own bed:
The pillows are closed with a hidden zipper. I like them a lot like that:
 And to commit my room more to the new violet-pick theme I made a new cover for the bad tapestry and new curtains: