I then just wanted to see what will happen if I pull the shoulders. And it was an awful idea. The V was indeed more stable but I got all kind of ugly drag lines in the front. but the back looked a bit better I think though to tight.
So after letting it all stew in for a few days I decided to go the hard way and finally do something I been dreaming of doing for a long long time. Alter the fit... I did all this on a paper piece and then cut directly on my good fabric. I was not going to do a new muslin.
I started in the back. I first eliminated the dart then cut out some of it. I decided to go the other way with my cutout then my white muslin. Keeping the shoulders intact seamed important. I then drfted a facing pieces for my new back:
I went with a smaller back tie belt. While I think the front really benefits from the belt definition I am not sure the back does as well... I am thinking of opening the side seams and keep only the front part of the belt and do something else with the back or just leave it simple....
But even if the dress was going well it took me quite some time to get it to the finish line. The last thing I had to do was a piped tie.