Sunday, December 27, 2015

Green & red velvet since holidays are almost here - for 3 generations of girls

After the big success with Eva's coat I got a little more enthusiasm for sewing and tried a few easy projects  to have something new for holidays.

Eva's got a green velvet dress from Ottobre 6/2010 #7 and a tulle skirt:
Ottobre  6/2010 #7
Ottobre  6/2010 #7
little girl green velvet dress Ottobre  6/2010 #7

3rd pair of Eleonore pull on jeans for me:
 Previous pairs: 1st & 2nd.

Jalie 3461
Jalie 3461Jalie 3461
Jalie 3461
Green velvet top for my mom - McCall's 6796:
McCall's 6796
McCall's 6796

Sunday, November 29, 2015

Little coat for my little girl

I have been really busy with work and kids lately and I had to put sewing aside for a while. It was weird for me to stop sewing after such a full of garments spring and summer. I keep imagining new projects but I never seem to have the energy or the time to even start them. So this week I finally got things moving. I printed this little coat pattern from a russian site:here
 I started assembling the printed pages on Tuesday and I liked so much how the cost was coming together that I couldn't stop working on it whenever I could find a free minute. I changed on the last moment the collar and decided to do the interior an the parts that get in contact with the baby skin in soft fleece. This coat is the size 80 option and I also modified the lining to better mach the back.
I 1st intended to live the simple butterfly applique but then when I did it again separately for the boots I found it interesting to change the coat as well and sewed one butterfly on top of the original one for a 3D effect:
I then did a pair of boots that were to small and had to redo and 2 pieces for the head since the 1st one seemed to busy and didn't like it that much:

I am very happy with the end result and my little girls sure turned some heads in the park.
 And she was a bit tired after all the photos and attention:

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Autum doll and outfit

   My quest to create a doll for Eva continues. I managed to find some knit closer to skin color this time and the face has more friendly and playful. I love the color of the hair but i didn't do such an amazing job applying it. I need it more yarn but that was all they had for sale. The body shape is pretty lame as well. I should have tried to find a pattern instead of making it myself.
   I was planning on making some matching outfit with Eva but for now I had to settle at a orange suit: puff sleeve shirt with plastic snaps and simple gusset skirt with lace hem.

 The new doll is already friends with Eva. She loves gating her hands in the doll hair:
 I am still not happy with the end result but is a step in the right direction. I may try a 3rd one as well at some point.

Saturday, October 3, 2015

Grina - my 1st handmade doll

  It has been a while since I cut or sew something and it started to get painful.   I needed a project to get back in the game. I really wanted to do a doll for Eva and I finally got the courage to try sew one. This one was supposed to be the test drive. It is a little creepy and I really want to try again.The face is machine embroidered and I thought it will be OK to use gray as skin....
   Eva played a little bit with it before making the hair:
 I was not happy enough to make clothes for her as well so I used Eva's baby dresses for the doll. the hands and legs are too thin and the shoulders are awkward, maybe the head is to small as well... I didn't use kind of pattern or measurement. I just cut some free style.