Sunday, May 29, 2016

Andrei's octopus - DIYFluffies pattern

After finishing the Teddy bear for Eva I was still hungry for toys and it would not have been fair if I didn't made something for Andrei as well even if he is not really into stuffed toys. But I found this cute octopus on etsy - etsy shop link here - and I had to try it:
I used the green fleece for top side and blue plush minky.
 DIYFluffies octopus
I used embroidered eyes again painted them as well a bit for a more sharp look. I used the same eye set that I bought for the teddy bear - etsy design ( shop link ). I thought the minky fabric will be great for tentacles but it loses a lot of the 3D effect when staffed. I also added eyelids.
There was a lot of work sewing, turning and stuffing each tentacles but other then that it was quite a fast toy... at least compared with the teddy bear.
Quite a cute toy over all.
DIYFluffies octopus
 DIYFluffies octopus
Update : I gave it to Andrei this afternoon and he loved it... I could have not hoped for a warmer reaction. He carried it with him the rest of the day to the playground and right now he is sleeping with it...

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Eva's pink Teddy bear - Lekala 3050

pink teddy bear
Since I sewed a lot of Lekala patterns lately I keep seeing this cute free teddy bear on their site... It seemed cute- Lekala 3050:
And now that a new toy contest is up on LucruDeMana one more reason to try it. I may still have passed it because time was such a rare recurse this last 2 weeks ... but I just seen a pink floral rhino and that totaly got me in the mood to sew toy and bought pink fleece fabric for it ... My husband thinks Eva's favorite stuffed toys are bear so ... sew ... sew ... sew...
I've been sewing like half an hour every day in the morning before work. It was the only way to make it possible....

 It had a lot of pieces and didn't go that fast as I hoped it would. I lost a lot of time thinking over every detail. I settled for embroidered eyes over buttons - etsy design ( shop link ) , and I painted a bit over the embroidery after for a more sharp look. I use small faux fur patch for nose.
I have spent some time then trying to dress it up in Eva's clothes and decide how to give it a more polished look:
lekala teddy bear
 In the end I decided to sew it a dress using his body patterns as guide since his front is a lot smaller then his back ....
And I added a tongue and an open mouth. It is definitly more cute now:
Lekala 3050
 lekala teddy bear

Thursday, May 26, 2016

T-Shirt with 2 inch neckband and a a new fail in sewing for my husbund - lekala S6001

Lekala S6001
I am constantly feel a bit guilty for letting my husband out of my sewing projects. I had quite a few successful projects for my and the kinds but years pass by and still nothing significant for him... I keep trying to find something but it's not an easy quest. My last attempt was the free pattern from Lekala S6001:
   I was hopeful about custom sizing but should have been also more cautious about it being a free pattern. I think I started to feel the failure right at the print : 34 pages !!! for a tee. But I went along with it.  The good part was that it was easy to sew and the V of the neck turned out OK even if it is to wide for a tee. 
   I almost felt hopeful until it was tried on. It was to large. The shoulders was way way off. I think I could have done a better job myself drafting the pattern... Quite disappointing again... So more postponing for a successful men project.
Lekala S6001
Lekala S6001
Lekala S6001

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Wrap up the back and white marathon for Eva - Ottobre 3/2016 #1

I also done a small dress for Eva. I had the skirt I finished for the previous dress i sewed for her but it was to long then and I had to cut it off so I just needed a top part to complete the dress. At first I thought to make a skirt but would not have been as comfortable to wear as this dress. I used a pattern for the latest Ottobre issue size 80 with length from 62:
I wanted to sew some white leggings as well but I just bought them in the end and all added up nicely: