Monday, January 29, 2018
Big stripes Butterick 6492 - 3rd iteration
I really loved the stripes version and I wanted to play again with bigger stripes. To add a bit more interest I removed some fabric on the sides of both front and back and replaced it with a big stripe on a different direction.
I love the new top. It twirls nicely and is has a really cute flow but I think I used a bit to much fabric on the sides. I want to make this again and change the side panel.
Another problem with this top is that the fabric was less stable then the previous 2 so the top gained some extra with and length. That can be a real problem so I recomand stable fabrics for this top. To address the growing issue and more chances of wrong side showing I did larger hem but for under my pockets so I could not just simple covert stitch it around... I am considering doing facings on another version and maybe twitch the pocket construction a bit so I can secure that unde the pocket applique.