I had some real troubles putting together the previous Lekala pattern I had done and I still had not reviewed so I though I should take some step by step pictures this time just in case someone wanders how I put this together:
I 1st marked the back and bust darts and sewed that up, I cut in my paper to make it easier to transfer those marks:
Wednesday, June 28, 2017
Friday, June 23, 2017
- skipped the back seam - I don't really feel I need it!
- doubled the sleeve flounce so there is no hem showing. The fabric is very light and I didn't feel the draping losing much but the look is so much neater. Love it like this. I had 2m of fabric for this and I hardly had a scrap left in the end.
Tuesday, June 20, 2017
I did not had enough fabric to make the longer pants version but I could cut a 3/4 legs and used different batiste fabric to line the body.
On the black one I skipped the back tie - I was planning on adding one later but after wearing it I realized the shoulders doesn't drift so I will probably leave it like that. On the cream one I used contrast yellow stripes - it seemed a good idea at the time but I didn't like the coordination in the end...