Friday, July 19, 2019

Trying to get back to sewing - brocade pants

Long time no sew ... A lot of people asked how did I sew so many items with so many other things going on in my life. I always thought is my desire and love for sewing that kept me going but taking a small break I understand a new detail. Sewing constantly keeps you in shape. Warmed up. After a small break even easy projects seem impossible to start let alone finish... My son started school last fall and I wanted to spend a little more time with the kids, do more projects with them, teach them how to read, paint with them... I also did quite a bit of work in our country backyard painting the kids wook house , the fence and anything that I could get my hands on. I don't have a talent for drawing but that didn't stopped me :))
I terribly missed sewing though. We had a few free days  free at the end of last month with the kids being away on vacation with the grandparents and I knew I just have to get something done. I went shopping for fabric, not that I needed any but usually buying new fabric always gets me into sewing mood ... On of the fabrics I picked was this beautiful pink brocade and I decided I wanted a fancy pair of pants. I usually buy my pants but the one in the stores are so boring.. I had quite a bit of experimenting with pants patterns from style arc last summer/fall and I was getting close to making some I really love but this time decided to take another route. I ripped out one of my favorite RTW pair: - you can see some pictures with it here
It was not so hard to rip them. They were really worn out :)
I cut them one night after a long day working in the backyard installing a new ground pool for kids return and managed to sew them in small sessions over the next 2 days.

I had a lot of reserves over this but the fabric is really nice and all their imperfections are easy to hide with a longer top as are most of mine. And I am pleased to say that I wore them a lot since then and love them so much I will try to make at least one or 2 more pairs as I have so many pants fabrics stashed over the years...
   The day I had to do the finishing touches I was alone with Eva so I made a deal with her. If she will allow me to hem my pants I would make a doll dress for one of her dolls.
Here is what I did for her very quick and dirty... this doll was usually headless thrown somewhere in a box. Since she had a new dress Eva got her in her bag for two weeks or so and took her everywhere with her. that made me think that maybe I should start sew more doll clothes.

5 comments:

  1. Great Pants! I still think home sewing patterns have not got it quite rights for pants, shorts and jeans compared to RTW. I also love the detail on that first top...did you make it also>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Katherine! Funny to hear you say this! You made some awesome pairs of pants for yourself! I think it is you who inspired me to try style arc pants! The first top is a rtw I have for a very very long time - I never wear as it is poly but I love taking pictures in it!

      Delete
  2. You're able to get a wide variety of fabric that's offered in discount. The chic fabric is extremely beautiful to elaborate your attractiveness. It gives a tremendous group of branded fabric for the selection of occasions. Want to know more about cotton fabric? Find more information on this website.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiv disease for the last 3 years and had pain hard to eat and cough are nightmares,especially the first year At this stage, the immune system is severely weakened, and the risk of contracting opportunistic infections is much greater. However, not everyone with HIV will go on to develop AIDS. The earlier you receive treatment, the better your outcome will be.I started taking ARV to avoid early death but I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.As a Hiv patient we are advise to be taking antiretroviral treatments to reduce our chance of transmitting the virus to others , few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information on Hiv treatment with herbal medicine, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from Hiv her name was Achima Abelard and other Herpes Virus patent Tasha Moore also giving testimony about this same man,Called Dr Itua Herbal Center.I was moved by the testimony and i contacted him by his Email.drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com . We chatted and he send me a bottle of herbal medicine I drank it as he instructed me to.After drinking it he ask me to go for a test that how i ended my suffering life of Hiv patent,I'm cured and free of Arv Pills.I'm forever grateful to him Drituaherbalcenter.Here his contact Number +2348149277967...He assure me he can cure the following disease..Hiv,Cancer,Herpes Virus,Hpv,Pile,Weak Erection,Lyme Disease,Epilepsy,Glaucoma.,Brain Tumor,psoriasis, Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia. ,Bladder Cancer,Autism,Colorectal Cancer,Breast Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Leukemia,Lung Cancer,Tay tach disease,Non Hodgkin Lymphoma,Skin Cancer,Lupus,Uterine Cancer,Prostate Cancer, Seizures, fibromyalgia ,ALS,Hepatitis,Copd,Parkinson disease.Genetic disease,Fibrodysplasia disease,Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome,Stroke,Hpv,Weak Erection,Liver/Kidney Inflammatory,Men/Woman infertility, bowel disease ,Huntington's disease ,Diabetes,Fibroid.

    ReplyDelete