Monday, March 27, 2017
Since it was just for fun project I allowed myself to play with contrast to stitching on my cover machine. Not the most inspired work but I think I like the pockets look. The front knees was suppose to look a bit like quilted. It starts above the knee but it probably goes to much down. AT least my son had fun at some point trying to count the stitching and lines on his pants. It was fun to see him making up this game for himself.
Thursday, March 23, 2017
I did Andrei's tee 1st and I LOVE LOVE LOVE this pattern. Tees could be so boring but this one has normal sleeves in the front and raglan in the back. I love the twist. I did a similar one for my husband last summer from the same issue of Ottobre. This is the small version for boys :
Wednesday, March 22, 2017
I started with this black stretch denim with gold print. It's quite a lovely fabric to work with and wear. And I copied paperback writer pants from Ottobre 6/2010 #31. There are pleny of 5 pockets jeans / pants to choose from my the description of this one won by by mentioning this is a particulary narrow one for skinny boys and that's my son lately. I'm looking at him now and I hardly can believe how round he used to be before he started to walk...
For his sister I made a pair of leggings from a single pattern piece. The fabric is stretchy enough for me to not bother with anything else and I made them a bit larger because I still was concerned with this being denim and not knit. They will probably still fit her in the fall.
I have enough fabric and stretch to make a pair of Eleonore for myself but I have been losing weight since my last one and I now need to trace a new size probably and that will probably make it delay forever or not... I could always hope for a moment of inspiration :).
The new fabric bundle arrived and most of them are nice knits that I will use soon for summer gear so with this 3 items I am now only 44 items in debt...
Wednesday, March 15, 2017
And I remembered a dress tunic design from one of my Ottobre magazine that I always thought it was cool and wanted to try it : Princess castle dress/tunic from 4/2013 #14:
The 1st version I made was pretty much as the pattern except the sleeve binding and slightly different color blocks.