Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Summer blues - a great match StyleArc amber top and BurdaStyle raglan sleeve with tie

Like I said before sewing The StyleArc amber top is quite addictive and it require little fabric so it a great option for busting a few smaller 1 meter cuts.
So while I was flipping through my stash looking for fabrics I got my hands on this beautiful rayon I ordered from China on AliExpress this spring. It had a really nice feel to the touch and I really loved it. I think they still have it in stock here and it is free shipping if you don't mind waiting a lot for it to arrive. In Romania any import under 10$ or so is free of import taxes for I only ordered one meter.
   I was a bit disappointed when it arrived because the colors were a bit darker then the picture they posted - that white is more ivory and the blue is darker than this. I  also was under the impression the print will be larger than it was but still it is a lovely fabric with a great feel and a color scheme I just love. So seeing it I immediately thought this will make a perfect amber top but I wanted some interest and the blocking offered by the pattern was not what I was looking for. I felt this top needs some interest in the sleeve and that front and back needed to be left alone just to showcase the fabric.
   The design 119 from burda 07/2018 already got me intrigued but seeing the lovely top Ellen made convinced me I really need to try this sleeve so I traced the 3 pieces for sleeve from Burda:


The front of the sleeve fit in with the style of arc top without any issues ( size 8 on the top and 36 on the sleeve). As the back in Burda is a really low cut the back sleeve didn't fit in with the back top so I had to improvise and add a small triangle of fabric to the sleeve to match the back as well.
If I will make this again I will used the style arc sleeve for the upper part and just lengthen that with the burda piece instead of using the full burda sleeve like I did.

I really love this blouse and I think will be in heavy rotation:
Sewing 123 - Shopping 99.

2 comments: