I started to cut the pieces from a beautiful 3D effect jacquard that was a small discounted piece and I knew I don't have enough in that but I was sure I have more bought earlier this year. When I had only sleeves and back sides to cut I went looking for that other piece of fabric. And surprise. It seam that this exact model I only had in a different color that I did use for this jacket for my mom and the white piece I had left was different so I had to get creative. I settle using that white polka dots tulle and I am happy with my decision. Now thinking it would have been interesting if I have done some patchwork with the craps I had left and tulle rather then using just that but I stand by my decision.
The tulle had some beautiful border so I used that instead of having to do another finishing on it.
When I tried it on before attaching the sleeves I noticed that fullest part of the bust was to high for me and annoying. So I cut the seam that was already serged and inserted the tulle. I lost a little from the old pieces in the new seam allowances and won more from the inserted piece. This way I moved down the bust line. I was lucky that the sleeves were a bit stretchy and that I used less seam allowances for sewing them so I did not had to change them as well to fit the new hole.
Also I skipped the bias binding and the back zipper. Instead I used facings with the tulle for both front and back.
All in all I am quite happy with my new white top that should be very easy to coordinate in the summer. I hope that a non stretch woven would still be comfortable to wear because I can see this pattern fitting some really interesting designs.