Friday, December 7, 2018

Top and cardigan to match my new boots

I Think there is no secret that I love things that are a bit different. That makes you feel unique. So I was very happy when I got a new pair of boots last fall. Just love them:
Yellow is not exactly my color but I love the print and the bright colors and the pairing with teal green. I have a pair of dark green jeans that work great with them, I have a Butterick 6492 that also works great and my winter fluffy coat has green/yellow/cream, but still not many things in my wardrobe work with them. so I decided I need a few additions.
   I first did a Style Arc Madeleine top that I had 2 muslins and some alterations done at the end of the summer and never actually got to make it and thought it would be great pattern for a solid:
I added sleeves to the pattern and tweak it a bit to better fit me.
    And I also had a teal-green tweed that matched the boots so nicely and decided to make a quick mccalls 6844 cardigan to wear at work when I get cold:
I went with the same changes as in the navy scalloped version - minus the scallops.
Here is the result:
I also did a quick set for Eva using the ruffles dress pattern:
Sewing 158 - Shopping 141.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, ce pot sa zic, minunatGeorgia, nici nu stiu cu ce sa incep (imi place tot): bluza ta galbena, cardiganul sau tinuta Evei! Mie imi place cum iti sta cu galben, ai avut si cu ce sa asortezi, iar cizmele, oooh, cizmele...Felicitari draga mea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your top! and your jacket - and your boots! Such a fabulous outfit all together! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the outfit! I need the sleeves.
    Did you draft the sleeves or incorporate another style arc pattern?
    Thank you for the PR review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used the sleeves from Butterick 6492 as the starting point and had to take the top in a bit of the shoulders to get a better fit. I would recommend you to try with a knit fitted sleeve for this top.

      Delete
  4. These boots are so fun! The green and the yellow are perfect for them, and I love the waist details on the top!

    ReplyDelete