Friday, April 7, 2017

A new polka dots jumpsuit for summer for Eva - Ottobre 3/2015 #14

After finding a new favorite pattern in Ottobre 3/2015 #15 dress I felt I should try the sibling pattern #14 as well that features pants  instead of the ruffles creating a jumpsuit rather then a dress. I thought it would be fun to wear in the summer and easier for a toddler to look neat at the playground.
The top pattern pieces are the same but it has simpler sleeves that I used for the dress actually and tried the puff sleeves for this one. The pants are quite roomy at the but and you don't see all the diaper details in it.
  I think I really like the large pants. And I am really tempted to sew just the pants from this next with a separate top.The pants pleats are really cute as well and now looking at the design photo I realize I done them wrong. They are still cute but I wish I would have done them like the picture!!!
   What I don't like is the way this is dressed and undressed. I don't like the whole body having to go through the neck opening. I was really nervous about that and I put elastic inside the back strap to make it more stable. the good news is that she fit inside without much trouble but I still hate it.
  Pockets are really a nice feature and Eva Loves them.
   I also like the fabric that is a comfortable single jersey with white polka dots. I also think the color is good on Eva. I just recently read about cold and warm color persons and I think Eva looks better in cold ones so the gold and yellow I just sewed for her may have not been the best choice...
 While I like the silhouette when she stands I don't think it looks as good when she sits. The top seem to run up and not cute...
Only one item this time so debt down to 41... At least I resisted the urge to buy more and that was really really hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment