Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Green polka dots retro dress - Butterick 5747

Butterick 5747
Here is my second try at this pattern in a very very beautiful green jacquard. My 1st dress with this pattern was Miss Fancy Hair Dress.

My envelop had 8-16, but I there is a 16-24 available as well. I cut mostly 12, going to 10 at the bust and 14 at the waist.  I only added a little more ease at the waist and took 2" out of its length.

I have 2 now so I don't know if I will sew it again. I have so many other patterns I want to try.  On the other hand I want to try some color blocking for it as well. It is not a hard dress if you find the right fit.The pattern does have the final measurements so it should not be hard to decide what size you need. It  was a rather fast dress for me the second time around. With the fabric cut 2 days before sewing, I was able to finish it in one of my free days without sweating to hard and taking rather long breaks to play with my son.

Update with photos from the park:





No comments:

Post a Comment