Wednesday, July 9, 2014

The Black Sea Weekened - Burda 06-2014-124 + Simplicity 1808

simplicity 1808
Last week was probably the most prolific week ever for my sewing. Getting the retro dress done along with 2 tops and a pair of shorts. It was so nice to have them ready for my weekend trip.
   The top is Simplicity 1808 that I sew last month in a bigger size for a gift ( here ). This time I did size 10 with no other adjustments. The pattern is for knit but I used thin cotton blend very pleasant at the touch ( but no stretch ) .  I am lucky my bust is not that big else I would have needed a side zipper. Now that I sew it the second time and the fabric was easy to work with I come down really fast. I don't exactly love it but I like it.
   Tho shorts were done on the spur of the moment Thursday night thinking we may go to the beach this weekend and I LOVE them.I don't usually mach fabric with the initial design but the stripes were so playful and I had just the right amount of this quilting cotton for it. I was like asking for it.  This pattern is very fitted. I normally cut 34-36 from Burda but this time I cut 40 and they still are a bit to tight. If I will do them again I will add more ease to it and maybe do the a bit longer.
   I think this is the 1st time I actually used Burda instructions. I was a bit weird the way they wanted you to sew this shorts. The order was not my usual way for sure but It was so much easier to work with them that way and arrange the panels in the front so I do recommend to do as they say. The only thing I did differently was to add lining to the front panel so it will still look nice if the wind blows them . 
   I really enjoyed the outfit and the patterns. It was all worth it. 

burda 06 2014 124
burda 06 2014 124

4 comments:

  1. been wanting to make those shorts - they turned out so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah this shorts are catchy! I know I could not forget about once I seen them in the magazine... and they turned but better then I was expecting being a rush project for me. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Those shorts are awesome. I loved them in the magazine and I want to make them in rainbow stripes too. Hmm, perhaps when its summer and perhaps for my teenage daughter rather than for me, but still, I love them! Your top is lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This are funny shorts. I really liked Burda fabric choice this time. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete