Wednesday, September 7, 2016

PR sewing bee round 1 entry - shorts - Lekala 5445

PR sewing bee round 1
This is the 1st time I manage to sew something in time with the bee tight deadline. I hardly dared to hope I can join. Then I seen shorts on the 1st day of fall... but of course I could not stop thinking about it... I like capries but I found a few really nice RTW pairs this summer and there is always Eleonore for that... so again back to shorts. And I realized that with all my sewing and buying I never had a pair of "perfect" shorts. So I decided to take the shorts challenge and make a pair of shorts that I will love to wear.

I couldn't get into my sewing room so I just spent the idle time thinking this over and over again in my head... way to much thinking... not very productive. Most of the ideas involved buying new patterns or go look in the fabric stores. I am still amazed I kept away from those.

Saturday I finally found a bit of free time. My parents come to visit and left with the kids for a few hours. Ura! So I just took out a pattern I sewed before and a fabric that I had already washed and start working. Less thinking more cutting really worked for me. - this is Lekala 5445 - cut short:


I didn't managed to get very far the 1st day but I was happy. For me usually the hardest part is to get started ( or the last hem on something I don't really like after all ...). : cut all pieces, side pockets set in, interfaced and joined waistband pieces.
I have spent all the free time on Sunday making patch back pockets. I tried to remake the fabric for them and used embroidery machine to set them in.
On Monday morning I joined the side seams and finished them with bias floral batiste. I dis the hems as well. And in the evening I did the fly front zipper. That one was a real mess. I probably was to tired for it and choose a bad tutorial. I had to unpick quite a few times. I want to forget that part.
Tuesday morning I attached the waistband, sewed the hooks, set in the snaps and belt loops. Later that day I updated my review. Late in the night I took a few photos and I am all done.

Wednesday I can just enjoy the gallery. And maybe clean my brand new sewing space and start organize it.... But what I did is take Eva to the park in coordinating outfits. The pockets were fully loaded and the shorts help up well. tank you bee for the challange:


6 comments:

  1. Those are couture quality shorts if I ever saw any! The fit is spot on, pun intended. I love your mix of fabrics and the little pops of red. What a neat trick putting the pockets on with your embroidery machine. I've never seen something like that done. The whole post looks so nice against your bright yellow background too. Job well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This is my 1st time in the bee so I tried my best. I am no mach to so many ladies out there but I had to try to so something nice.

      Delete
  2. Very nice shorts! I love the details and the fabric combo. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Draga mea ce pot sa adaug? Imi place ce vad, imi place ce faci si mai mult iti laud atitudinea fata de croitorie, caci despre tipare nu sunt vreo experta. ai grija de tine si de cei dragi! Spor la lucru!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mda. A fost un pic cam maraton cu pantaloni si costumatia pt Andrei... acum de cateva zile sunt in pauza vedem in weekend daca trag sa fac ceva si pt concursul de accesorii de scoala gradinita sau ma odihnesc in continuare si astept runda 2 de la sewing bee.

      Delete