Friday, May 8, 2015

Colorful little dresses - Burda 07-2012-145 & 146

Burda 07-2012-145
The only pattern that I traced last week and was not Ottobre is this Burda dress and is quickly becoming very dear to me. There are actually 2 dresses that share main pieces but have different collars and sleeves options.
   The patterns are from issue 7/2012 but there are also available for download pleated dress here & sailor dress here.
   I did them all in different but shorter length with more or less volume.
   The 1st one ended a shirt ( no gather, collar from 145, sleeve from 146 ). I like it but I am really not happy with the print placing on the pattern pieces. It make it look off... I also added a little bit of facing at the neck line.
    The second one I did it sleeveless. I did doubled the upper part from the same gingham knit and this one is the longest and more full of them all. The collar is from 145 again.
   The 3rd one is also self lined in the upper part and used collar from the sailor dress and sleeves from the plated dress. As you can see with the body this is more like a shirt then a dress but I think they are easier to wear like this since will also use pants or bloomers for it. It not I will just have to add one more band at the bottom.
   The last one has 2 rows or ruffles, I reshaped the collar from the sailor dress, sleeves from 145 again. And lined the upper part with quilting cotton. For both this and the previous one the sleeves are doubled so it will finish nicely.
Here is my reshaped collar:
   Also I documented a little my lining steps. I sewed the collar and clipped it, turned over iron it. I joined the shoulder seam for both front fabric and lining and then attached the collar. I cut 4 sleeves and sewed 2 and 2, clipped it as well, turn to front and iron it:
 I attached sleeves just to front at first :
  Then made a big sandwich and sewed front and lining at the arm hole:
   Sew, clip. clip, clip, turn it over and iron:
   Now is ready to join side seams ( lining with lining and knit with knit )  and attach the lower part.

   All the dresses have knit in the upper part and quilting cotton in the lower part. Also I used plastic snaps for closing for all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment