Monday, November 13, 2017

Plaid wool jacket for my daughter - Ottobre 1/2010#14

 Second coat ready as well for Eva. I used a very very cute old Ottobre pattern  - 1/2010#14:
Working with plaid I thought to skip the side seams again for the bodice and cut the lower skirt stragit and figure the pleats myself to keep the plaid lines matching:
I wanted to add pockets to the pattern but it was a bit difficult with all those pleats and decided to save myself the trouble and added a small one into the lining. Eva as a bit disappointed though with the lack of pockets.
    When I first asked her to try it it she asked me to add her buttons. It was so funny.
The second time I asked her to try it a few days later she didn't asked for buttons any more. She asked if I can put some pins to it....
I used some cute polka dots cotton for lining and some buttons from my stash. I could have probably found a better match in store but I was happy to remove some from my stash:
I think her coat turned out really cute in the end:
 (looking for pockets... no pockets :( )

6 comments:

  1. I love the illustrations at the start of your posts. Are these hand drawn, or digitised or a combination? Perhaps you could do a post telling us how you create these gorgeous renditions of your sewing projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I sent you a PM on PR with more details!

      Delete
  2. Nu mai am cuvinte, trebuie sa mai iau lectii de la fiica-mea! Extraordinar, e un exercitiu bun, si la dublu. Ca intotdeauna te felicit si ma inclin in fata ta! Si ai tipare bune in revistele alea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ma faci sa rosesc! Imi place si mie mult cum au iesit hainutele copilor! Ma bucur mult ca am reusit sa ma mobilizez. Eu sunt fan inrait Ottobre cand vine vorba de tipare de copii. Mersi!

      Delete
  3. I love this coat that you made for your daughter! The lining looks really nice, too. I am sure that your daughter will look back on these pictures and her coat with pride and happiness. It will be a family heirloom. Thank you for sharing this make!

    ReplyDelete