Friday, February 10, 2017
Lekala 4511 V top with dark side panels
I had the pattern already adjusted to fix me closer to the body so all I had to do it sew it up. On the red one I skipped the back darts - I think is not such a big lost and I rather not had that mess up the print pattern, the other 2 have the back darts.
One of the things I did not try in the previous versions were dark side panels in the front so all 3 of this have that and I think it's a nice visual effect. With the recent weight lost and this I look really skinny. I missed that for a while.
The red one has red back as well and it was the 1st one done. I think it looks nice both front and back but a little weird from the side with the color change there so I tried something different on the green one and did the back black on the green one and I think it looks more consistent like that.
I had a nice stretch textured black fabric that I used for the next one. I often find myself in need of something more simple that I can take under a cardigan and with the machines all threaded for black I thought i should just go for it. It went really really fast with all the warm up I had with this pattern. I thought I should still add a bit more interest even in the monochrome black so the front and back inserts as well as the side panels are cut on bias. it is not that easy to notice but if you can see some lines changing direction I I like it.
Even if 2 of the tops only used scraps to make I will still give myself one point for each so i will now have 8 points total this year and I have just spent them this morning by ordering 4 new printed knits online. 4 new fabrics is not little but at least they are knits so it ill be easy to sew and if I did not had not this self imposed limitation I would have probably ordered at least twice that much since they have many new prints in stock and it's really painful not to order them all...