Monday, September 29, 2014

Loving owls top - Burda 04/2014 #122

   I had this top pattern traced for a few months now but I never seemed to find the time to do it. Not the best timing to do it now when the weather here just got cold and rainy. But I had trouble finding time and energy to sew lately so going for a pattern already traced seemed like a good idea.

   It is hard to see the pattern lines with all this colorful owls around so here is a look at the pattern:
   I like how the top turned out in the end. Is a bit lose on the shoulders. And I think I will add elastic to the sleeve hem after all. 


 
 But what I am proud the most is the inside. I added facing to the neck line and used bias bindings on all seams.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your review. Your top looks great. I have been wanting to make this one up. It is certainly a great burda issue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for you kind comment. Yes it is a nice design and an easy one. I ill probably do it again some day in a fabric that shows the pattern lines a little bit more.

      Delete